Regarding its ancient history, this city intermingled with that of the old Bam Citadel, the largest clay palace of the world
It is established in the Sasanian period, is situated atop an artificial hill in the northwest quadrant of the old city of Bam.
The Shah Nematollah Vali Shrine (Persian: آرامگاه شاه نعمت الله ولی) is a historical complex, located in Mahan,Iran, which contains the mausoleum of Shah Nematollah Vali, the renowned Iranian mystic and poet. Shah Nematollah Vali died in 1431 aged over 100. In 1436 a shrine was erected in his honor and became a pilgrimage site
The Shazdeh Garden is a historical Persian garden located on the outskirts of Mahan in Kerman province, and was constructed under the orders of the governor of Kerman
during the late Qajar period. Built in the traditional style in the late 1900s, the Garden consists of pools in a terraced fashion.
The Ganjali Khan Complex is a Safavid-era building complex, located in the old center of city of Kerman, Iran. The complex is composed of a school, a square, a caravanserai, a bathhouse, an Ab Anbar (water reservoir), a mint, a mosque and a bazaar.
The Ganjali Khan Bath in the complex is situated on the southern side of the rectangular complex. This is a unique work of architecture with beautiful tile works, paintings, stuccos, and arches. The entrance of this bath has been artistically painted with ornaments of the Safavid era.
The Friday mosque of Kerman was built in 1350 by Amir Mobarezeddin Mohammad-e-Mozaffari-e-Meybodi- Yazdi under the Muzaffarids, who pushed away the Il Khanids after Abu Sa`id`s death in 1335 and established their own dynasty, ruling central Iran from 1314 to 1393. The Friday mosque is the earliest surviving example of Muzaffarid architecture.
At the edge of town is Gonbad-e Jabaliye, an octagonal and very old structure of unknown provenance. Some scholars date it to the 2nd century AD and think it may have been an observatory. Others say it was a tomb. Whatever its function, it is remarkable because it is constructed of stone rather than the usual brick; though the double-layered dome, added 150 years ago, is brick. Today it houses a museum of old gravestones. Be careful not to photograph the neighbouring army base.
Stretching for 1200m.Kerman’s Bazar-e Sartasari is one of the oldest trading centres in Iran.
Starting at Tohid Sq, the first section is the Bazar-e Ganj Ali Khan , built in the 17th century for local governor Ganj Ali Khan, which soon opens around the pretty Ganj Ali Khan Square .
The Safavid-era Yakhchal Moayedi is a well-preserved, conical adobe structure that was used to store ice. The ice store was, and in some part still is, surrounded by gardens. The gardens would fill with water during winter, and when the water froze the ice would be slid into the yakhchal for use in warmer months. It is now a theatre space that doubles as a tourism office, with a few brochures.
The attractive Moshtari-ye Moshtaq Ali Shah is the mausoleum for Sufi mystic Moshtaq Ali Shah, and other Kerman notables. Moshtaq Ali Shah was renowned for his singing and is apparently responsible for adding the fourth string to the setar (which literally means ‘three strings’). He eventually fell so far out of favour with the local religious community that he was stoned in the Masjed e-Jameh. Most of what you see, including the prominent blue-and-white-tiled roofs, dates from the late Qajar period.